19 July 2008

Nike+ wtf?


So, this the graph from Nike+ of our 8 mile run today. Clearly something is up. We actually ran 8miles, not 7.5. I think from reading the Nike website there is some "pace setting" I need to sync with my sports band. Although, can anyone guess where I tried to pause it to use the toilet? For the most part though it is accurate with our pace. Our overall pace shows 10min something but yet during our run it was showing 9 - 9:45...I think the potty break screwed it up!

Let me go back a little here...Friday night, I was a good boy. I went and grabbed some dinner at Crew, and I only drank diet coke. What is more shocking is that I was home and tucked into bed by 10:00. I got an actual 8 hours of sleep! Now, those living in Chicago and who happened to be awake at 6am this morning will know that I awoke to thunder and rain, again. But this weekend I hadn't gone out the night before so, I got out of bed, had my peanut butter sandwich and coffee and prayed the rain would stop. I put on my running gear and it was still raining. Well, I took a deep breath and headed to the run site. Once at the run site it started pouring. WTF? went through my mind a few times...but we went to the starting line and headed out. Now the first mile of dodging trees, puddles, other runners, and trying to figure out how to run with rain in your face wasn't too pretty. But once we figured out how to maneuver and it settled in that yes, we were doing this I was surprisingly good. Well, as good as one can be in the rain with your shorts, and shirt completely soaked...I don't know why I wore anything, because if you are familiar with running shorts and shirts, once wet...they hide nothing! I think with the amount of water that was in my clothing, I was running with a good extra 20lbs added to me. But with all that water, I think it was easier to stay hydrated. My body wasn't sweating like a pig to stay cool as the rain was taking care of that. I was actually amazed at how many people and other running groups were out there training. What is with us? Other than we are running for a good cause. So I am babbling now, perhaps I shouldn't blog at night....Oh, we got our 8 miles in at 1hour 18 minutes...perfect timing for our pace group!

Please remember that I am running; to raise money for the AIDS Foundation, visit my donation page and help sponsor me and help get me across the finish line.

No comments: