17 July 2008

My Morning...


OK, I know that last night when I left my last post I said I was heading home to get a run in. Well, after signing off my temptress of a sister, Linda, talked me into going to Shaw's Crab House for dinner. Now who can turn down a nice yummy dinner like that? Not me apparently. Better yet, who then could go home and put in a run? Apparently not me. Therefore, I journeyed home from dinner, OK, in the spirit of full disclosure...I journeyed home after dinner, AND after a few drinks at the Gentry....tragic I know! So, I set my alarm for 5:45 this morning. I woke up, turned the coffee pot on, geared up and headed out for an early morning pre-work run. Yes, I am not a morning person and initially this was painful. But, surprisingly, once I got out the door it was pretty cool. It's actually nice out running along the lake early in the morning. Not quite as nice as the run looks in the picture, but then again that isn't me...just another random picture I found online...There certainly isn't the crowd that is usually out after work. So, today I ran 3.63mi in 30:55 for a pace of 8:30/mi. Impressed? me too! I need to slow down, no wonder I can't breath! (As soon as I figure out what is wrong with my uploading to Nike+ I will update the graphic.)Well, as I skipped my run yesterday and took it this morning I still have to get my cross-training in for today so it will be a double workout day. I will be heading to the gym at lunch.

Please remember that I am running; to raise money for the AIDS Foundation, visit my donation page and help sponsor me and help get me across the finish line!




No comments: