19 June 2008

Oops

OK, it has been brought to my attention that I didn't talk about my first run last Saturday....

So, I was up at 6am, had my coffee and some how I was still running late, no surprise to anyone who knows me. So, I jumped into a taxi to head to our run site which is at Lawrence and Simonds drive along the lake. We were instructed to stand around signs which were labeled with times. We were to pick the time that we thought we would finish a 3mile run. I, trying not to be overly optimistic, stood at the 10min sign. Our coach, Bill, sent us out on our 3miles. I came in at 26:25 or just under a 9 minute mile. We were then sent to stand next to the signs with our actual time plus one minute. So I am training at about a 10 minute mile. This is where we were also supposed to meet the other memebers in our pace group and choose a pace group leader...Well my pace group consists of me and a girl named Holly, so we are sharing the pace group leader responsibilities. I was somewhat hoping we would have more people in our pace group so I could meet more people, but I am happy with the time I finished and the time I am training...

Well it is now Thursday evening and I have logged 9miles this week. I am off to the gym to get in some weight training.

I am running for, AIDS Foundation Chicago, with a fundraising goal of $4,000. Please be sure to visit my donation page and support me in my efforts.

No comments: