21 August 2008

This Week

Hello! So this week I have experienced my first "injury" due to running. I say "injury" in quotes because it wasn't a full on injury just little soreness in my lower leg just between my calf muscle. After last weekends long run I don't think I stretched properly. Monday night I went out for my maintenance run and it started hurting then. Tuesday I made a call to Novacare, one of the AIDS Marathon Sponsors, and spoke to an athletic trainer/therapist who basically politely scolded me for not stretching properly and gave me some stretching tips. After taking Tuesday and Wednesday as rest days I am off to run in yet another Thursday night 5k, the Athens Sister City Shuffle, followed by some Greek dining and a drink or two. So, tomorrow I promise to have my results and more details as I just realized I have about 20 minutes to get to the race.

Don't forget why I am running and please sponsor me. Thanks to those who already have.

No comments: