02 September 2008

The best laid plans....

Building up to this past weekend, I had plans and intentions to take part in my 7 mile training run on Saturday morning and the Nike+ 10k Human Race on Sunday night followed by a concert by Fall Out Boy.

Well somewhere after going to Ravinia on Thursday night I caught one hell of a cold. Friday after coming home from work, I completely crashed on my sofa and didn't, couldn't, move until sometime about Sunday evening.

Believe me I tried to muster up the strength and even at times tried to convince myself I could make it downtown and to the Human Race. I even picked up the course map, studied it, and thought..."hmm, if I make it to at least mile 2 there is an aid station and I could fall out there if need". What? What is wrong with me? Well, my thoughts turned to how not too pretty I would should I attempt such a fate.

I am glad that I listened to my body and stayed glued to my sofa. While not 100% I am feeling much better. You know I am not feeling well when I miss a training run, AND, cancel my personal training appointment. Which note to self; If you cancel a personal training session, keep in mind that you just may run into your trainer on the 146 express bus on your way home from work...good thing I still sound like I am sick and, well, must still look like it as he said "ya, you should take some time".

So, now that I am sitting upright again, and I can actually breath, I am looking forward to getting to the gym tomorrow and sweating the rest of this out of me...gross I know, but it works! Also looking forward to getting my but back to seriously working out and training. Hit it!

Please keep in mind my goal and why I am training; I am running with the AIDS Marathon Training Program to run the 2008 Honolulu Marathon and to raise money for the AIDS Foundation. Please visit my donation page and sponsor me.

No comments: