21 November 2008

Six Months Ago...

On June 14th it was about 80 degrees or so. I woke up at early in the morning, and gathered with a group of people at the corner of Simmonds and Lawrence and headed out for a three mile run. This would put me into a pace group with a few people. Each Saturday morning we have woke up at the crack of dawn and have run. Each weekend running a little further. During the week we have run our maintenance runs and cross-training. We have each raised at least $3,700 for the AIDS Foundation. We have gotten to know each other and have even hung out a few times. Tonight I am meeting up with Julia and Holly from my pace group, along with a few other friends, for an early dinner at Sapori. After taking in some carbs we will go to bed early tonight and meet up back at that corner, this time at 7AM, on Saturday morning. This will be our last "long run" before we head out to Hawaii to complete the Honolulu Marathon in December.


Tomorrow morning's forecast...clear and 20degrees. Holy crap it's going to be cold! Guess I will have dress warm. At least the cold will push me to keep running to stay warm and get it over with.


I am looking forward to it and looking forward to hitting this goal. So, if you haven't sponsored me yet by donating, please click here. I am running to raise money for the AIDS Marathon and there is still time to make a donation.

No comments: